Tuesday, August 18, 2009

GFCF Mini Pizza Crusts



GF Mini Pizza Crusts (also yeast free , egg free , dairy free,  rice free) GFCF (Gluten free Casein free)

1/4 cup arrowroot flour (I don't like the taste of tapioca but that can be a substitute here)
1/2 cup garfava flour OR garbanzo flour
1/2 cup potato starch
3-4  TBSP olive oil or melted coconut oil (or other oil)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 and 1/2  tsp of baking powder
1/2-3/4 cup  water (or dairy free milk)

Sift dry flours and baking powder, mix in salt and wet ingredients.

Mix 'til like thick pancake batter(add more non dairy milk as needed), put on parchment lined baking sheet in 5-6 inch rounds.

Or can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days and baked off as needed.

Put on toppings if desired. or use vegan margarine and/or olive oil and garlic powder and salt to make garlic pizzas. Or make pancakes, or hamburger buns,  or rolls, or fruit/dessert pizzas. The possibilities are endless!

Bake 10-15 min 400 degree in oven

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't care for the taste of bean flours, do you think millet or sorghum would work better? I'll be using this in the pizzelle recipe, if that matters.

    I thought *I* was the only one who didn't care for tapioca flour's taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it with other flours but I think it would work. High protein flours work better for breads. I also find mixing GF flours in recipes helps with the taste/texture. Let me know how they come out with other flours! Thanks!

      Delete