Saturday, November 12, 2016

white chocolate (gluten free vegan)

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/11/06/how-to-make-your-own-white-chocolate-chips/

Katie's recipe is much like my idea of making white chocolate.

I used maple syrup for the sweetener and nut butter instead of the milk powder. If you could find powdered soy milk/ soy protein powder, you could use that to make the chocolate vegan, or just leave out the milk powder altogether.

The first time I made "white chocolate"  I used peanut butter as the nut butter and it tasted incredible! It would have made great peanut butter chips or a great peanut butter coating/shell on other treats.

I just used peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla and of course the biggest ingredient the edible cocoa butter (it's white and you can find it at the health food store or online- make sure it's EDIBLE not for making creams and other topical skin products) Navitas has a good cocoa butter.

I will use cashew or macadamia butter next because of the neutral taste of these nut butters. Then the "white chocolate" will taste more like vanilla chocolate instead of peanut butter chocolate.

When I get the ingredients down pat I will post my recipe. Below is "guesses" on quantities.


1 tsp? nut butter

 1/4 cup? cocoa butter

1/4 tsp? vanilla

1 tsp ? maple syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment