Friday, September 25, 2009

GFCF Waffles (egg free)

I use Arrowhead Mills GF Baking Mix for these . There are a little more dense than the egg waffle that follow, but they are very tasty and these are best eaten when made are not good to freeze/reheat.

1 cup Arrowhead Mills GF Baking Mix
1 egg or egg substitute (I use Ener-G egg replacer)
1/2 cup water (I use rice milk)
1/8 cup canola oil (I use extra light olive oil)
1 TBSP honey(I use honey or maple syrup)

Stir til just mixed. Grease waffle iron and ladel on batter bake for 3 -4 minutes.

I also sometimes add 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, and 2 TSBP brown sugar to make "Spice Waffles" I serve these with powdered sugar like a donut.

1 comment:

  1. Babycakes NYC has a great GF Vegan waffle recipe in the book "Babycakes Covers the Classics" available at your local library!

    ReplyDelete